Sales and Appraisals of Personal Property
We conduct 3 types of sales - Online Auctions, Public Estate Sales & Private Estate Sales.
Public estate sales are traditional.
- Some clients prefer not to invite the general public into their homes
- The family may value discretion in the sale or donation of personal property
- Public Estate Sales may not be an option due the location, logistics, timing or other factors
- With certain categories, we prefer a national audience (higher end luxury items and fine art)
To learn more about Online Auctions, Click Here
- Rare and designer decorative elements
- Fine furnishings
- Automobiles (land, water, snow)
- High quality household goods
To learn more about Public Estate Sales, Click Here
Private estate sales (invitation or appointment only) are less common.
- Cultural artifacts
- High value fine art with a strong local following
- Rare Collectibles including fine jewelry, sterling silver and gold items
To learn more about Private Estate Sales, Click Here
We conducted our first estate appraisal and sale in March of 1995. Since then, we have assisted thousands of families throughout the North Shore and the Northwest Suburbs.
We help you create a Simple Liquidation Plan:
- Project Plan
- Deposit Check
We begin with a free consultation at the home. This takes about half an hour, depending on the size of the estate and the questions you might have. Then we sit with you and we both pull out our calendars. We clarify everything that you want to have done and when you want it done. We will determine which type of sale makes the most sense for you and what you are selling. Sometimes we use a combination of sale types.
For public and private sales, we usually start working during the week before the event. Our team arrives at the home with all of the equipment needed to transform the home into a gift shop. We provide tables, table cloths, accent lighting, vertical risers, checkout station (including cash register and credit card machine) and all other equipment needed to display, decorate and otherwise merchandise items for sale. We price everything in the home. A nationally Certified Appraiser reviews all pricing. Most sales are conducted over 2 days (Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday). After the sale, we can return to inventory, pack and load items that did not sell. Those items will be donated to a 501 (c) 3 charity, on your behalf. You can be presented with a broom swept home within 1 week after the sale.